Monday, September 1, 2008

I'll Ask You Three Times, Are You OK?: Tales of Driving and Being Driven by Naomi Shihab Nye pages 1 - 242

I loved this book. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down, I read it in two sittings. True stories where the common thread is driving; it was fantastic. I loved the author's writing style and even her simple stories somehow felt profound. My favorite story was probably the one about how one of the first times she ever drove somewhere when she was a teenager was to the pharmacy, and when she returned to her car in the parking lot there was am elderly non-English speaking woman in her back seat that refused to leave. She drove the woman around until she eventually found her home and she dropped her off, without any further explanation. It was such a bizarre story, but for some reason it stuck with me. So many of her stories were good though, it's hard to pick my favorite. I greatly enjoyed this book, and I highly recommend it.
I think I might buy myself a copy...

No comments: